Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Exchange 2016 CU10 Security Update

I was inpatient when installing some Windows Updates and I decided to stop the installation of KB4459266 (Security Update For Exchange Server 2016 CU10).  I rebooted the server and tried to install the patch once again and the install failed, which was no surprise.

I then took a look at the Exchange Services that are running, or not running. Take a look at what I found out, most services were disabled. I am taking a guess that the install process probably does this.

My next step is to confirm what services need to be started by comparing other members of the DAG. I enabled those services and decided to restart the server to try and get those services to come back up normally.

Surprisingly enough, the Exchange services all came back up. The Dag Member became operational and all of the Databases synced.

Now back to that Pesky Update.  Windows Update and hit Install Again.

The update went though just fine.

The only thing is that services were disabled once again. I went ahead and disabled them and things came back up.


Caveat, there might be other services other than MS Exchange ones that the installer disabled.




Baofeng UV5R Simplex Repeater (VOX)

Let's start off with the list of it items that we'll need:  Materials: Computer: Laptop/Desktop Running Windows Radio Piece: 1X Baof...