Wednesday, August 20, 2014

CCENT/CCNA Certification Journey


Back in high school, which was a while ago I took this Cisco Networking Academy with the intention of trying to pass the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA). Well long story short it was High School and even though I took the class I never attempted to take the CCNA. Fast forward I know realize I should have taken advantage of the situation. Isn’t life filled with thousands of those situations?  I’ve decided to study for the CCNA certification and actually attempt and pass it this time around.  I purchased the official certification guide from Cisco.  I’ll be starting with ICND1 100-101 which is a stepping stone towards the CCNA certification. By passing the ICND1 100-101 I will be a Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT).  

They say the best way to learn something is to teach it, and that is exactly what I intend to do.  How? I’ll be writing a summary of all of the chapters and post them here on my blog. Aside from that I plan to make some videos that correspond to each of the chapters.  Who is the audience, well no one really this is more for me, but if anyone actually stops by that would be awesome. Once I finish the book, I will be taking the CCENT certification and I will be posting updates and information about that when the time comes.  I will be posting the summary of chapter one as I have already finished reading it.
-Mario

Baofeng UV5R Simplex Repeater (VOX)

Let's start off with the list of it items that we'll need:  Materials: Computer: Laptop/Desktop Running Windows Radio Piece: 1X Baof...